Allure Of The Open Road by J Scott Nicol.
This is not a photo. It is an original oil painting.
36” x 24”
Allure of the Open Road
The painting entitled “Allure of the Open Road” is a tribute to the All American Cars. Featuring:
- Considered by some to have started the trend of the “American Muscle Car,” depicted is the 1969 Pontiac GTO
- This book describes the painting, “All American Cars”
- Considered America’s Sports Car, depicted is the Corvette Stingray, painted is the actual emblem on the car
- “Allure of the Open Road” describes the joy and freedom of driving across this beautiful country
- “The Art of the Automobile” depicts the 1954 Buick bumper as a piece of art in its own right
- “Classic Luxury” depicts America’s personal luxury car 1958 Cadillac Eldorado
America’s Premier Painter of Books
I love books. My personal collection probably exceeds 1,000 books. I read novels from the classic to the obscure. I buy coffee table books to look at the photos and art books just to look at the art. I am fascinated with books on quantum physics which sit next to my metaphysical books. I have books from places I’ve been and lands that I want to see. The books I have in my library really tell the story of me. They show my likes, interests, and passions. If you want to know about someone, go to their house and look at their collection of books.
As an artist, I express myself through my paintings. In order to tell my story, I chose books as a vehicle for those paintings. Creating this type of art is a painstaking process of research, intricate composition, and detailed painting. After coming up with a thematic concept, I choose the image for each of the books. A color background is then created which is complimentary to the image. Finally, I make up a title that in combination with the image will elicit a response from the viewer. So far, I have created over 50 paintings making up over 250 books.
My artwork is in galleries throughout the country and purchased by art collectors around the world. These paintings can touch people in a very deep and meaningful way and it is gratifying to receive compliments on the detail and realism. Some celebrities have collected my art like; Heisman Trophy winner and two time Super Bowl champion Jim Plunkett, entertainer and rapper Lil’ Wayne, and media mogul Oprah Winfrey, to name just a few.
The true reward is in the process of making art. Taking a blank canvas and transforming it with oil paint and brush into made up books that not only tell the story of my life but of our collective popular culture.